Friday, July 3, 2009

Day Two - Favorite Link Friday!

Hey everyone! I'm going to start a couple of new things for the blog, and I'm hoping they'll make weekly reappearances! Fridays are going to be my "Favorite Link Fridays". In other words, I'm just going to give a shout-out to a link to a tutorial that I liked, an article I found interesting, or another blog that I love to read.

Today's link is a shout-out to Julie at www.joyshope.com. Her story is incredibly touching. I love her posts! Her crafts are adorable, her girls are adorable, and the whole page is adorable! I have to admit, this blog is the reason why I started blogging about my crafts. I'm not new to the whole blog thing, I have a personal journal over at livejournal, so I know how theraputic writing about your feelings can be. But through Julie's blog, I've discovered a new way to outlet my creativity. This blog is not just a crafty blog, it's her life. And that is such an inspiration to me!

Now, on to our craft!


This is my re-vamped corkboard! I was an RA for a year at Peace College (a women's college in Raleigh, NC) which was really an excuse for me to geek out over the resource room. But the summer after I left, my dorm was to be renovated. New floors, new walls (thank God for no more wallpaper) better bathrooms, etc. Anyway, after the students left, and I was closing down the hall, all of the old equipment was left at the trash cans. Piles of old bulletin boards leaned up against the trash cans. So I asked my RD if I could take one, and she said sure, so I snatched one up and took it home with me when I left.

A couple months later, I found a nice little bunch of silk remnants at Joann's for about a dollar, so I snatched it up. I didn't really know what to do with it until I saw my trusty bulletin board over my desk. So I went to work.
All I used was a trusty stapler, and the fabric, and voila - a cover for the bulletin board! I could probably reuse the fabric later, since it's just stapled around the edges, but really, why would I want to? It definitely works well for holding random notes, a recipe, and my favorite pictures of my boyfriend and I!
Hope you all enjoyed! Now I'm off to find an Independence Day craft haha!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like this idea!
    Will definitely be doing this when I go to uni in September. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete