Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day One - Feathers!



So, my boyfriend and I bought this feather duster for my family's cat. She hates it. Every time we wave it in the air, she meows at it, and tries to fly through the air attacking it. I hate that I don't have a picture or a video of her doing this. I used this feather duster - or "bird stick" as we call it in Gracie terms - as my inspiration for my first piece. This project only took me about ten minutes to make.

Here we have the bird stick, some feathers plucked from the bird stick (I think I used about 10, I didn't really count), a decorative button, and my handy dandy glue gun - I think you'll see a lot of that glue gun haha!

Ten minutes later, we're left with THIS:




Cute, no?



Here's me doing my best 30s glam... with the soft vogue hands for my good friend Tyler. Yes, I'm in my bathroom. And yes, I did my makeup.

Don't judge me.

1 comment:

  1. you should check out http://ohmydeerhandmades.blogspot.com/ - very cute and may give you inspiration for etsy

    ReplyDelete