Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day Three - Star Spangled!

Happy Independence Day, America!

I'll be honest, I don't celebrate the Fourth of July as much as other Americans. I like fireworks. I LOVE Sousa's patriotic songs. I love cookouts and watermelon and iced tea. But I'm not crazy about gathering in the hot North Carolina humidity to watch a 20 minute light show in the sky. So I stay home and watch the Boston Pops (I met Keith Lockhart once!) and the beautiful display over the harbor from the comfort of my own couch.

But in the spirit of America's birth day, I had to come up with a craft. This one's kind of simple, but adorable. This could be a kid-friendly craft, with a little supervision with the glitter glue!
Here it is before the stars. Looks pretty good. All I did was wrap a headband with some festive yarn.
No American flag is complete without stars! Here, I just dotted some glitter glue to the blue area, and I'm finished. Hopefully, it'll be dry before tonight!

I'll post pictures of me wearing it in tomorrow's post.

I'm also working on a little something for a friend of mine. It's for the Harry Potter premier in a couple weeks. I have about 12 days to finish it, but I think I'll get it done in no time.


I promise it's Slytherin colors. My cell phone's camera isn't THAT great. I'll get better pictures to you once it's finished. My friend is gonna love it!

Enjoy the fireworks tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment