Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day Twelve - The Notebook

As I grow older, I find it more and more interesting when I hear about people who journal. I used to keep a journal as an early teenager, but it was more of a "dear diary, (boy of the month) looked at me!". When I reached high school, I got a LiveJournal account, and that was - and still is - used as a way for me to gripe about things that go on in my life. To me, journals are so much more than that. Journals are for keepsakes, quotes, and whatever.

I've always fancied those nice leather-bound journals that I see in Barnes and Noble, but I don't really like the prices of them. So I made a journal of my own. It's just a simple composition book that I got at Staples, and I raided my mom's scrapbooking supplies to cover it. I haven't put anything in it yet, but I'm sure I'll find something.


I want the inside of my journal to be just as beautiful as the outside. I want to put quotes, doodles, musings, everything in this journal.

If I don't, it's destined for Biology notes!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love journals! I have an unruly addiction to buying notebooks and journals.
    I've kept a journal for as long as I can remember, and more recently I've got into art journaling, which is awesome. I made my own small journal from scratch, I'm so proud of it!

    My latest journal-venture is with 1001journals.com; I'm using an old hardback book as my journal base, then mailing it to people across the world. I hope people keep it moving!

    ReplyDelete