Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day Eleven - Work In Progress Wednesday!

I have several squares that I've been working on lately. Some of them are finished, some are not. But they're all waiting to become one large throw blanket.



Please excuse the carpet. It's icky, I know. Also, I have yet to find my cable for my camera, so this is yet another cameraphone picture. Sorry!!

Most of the squares were made because I had the urge to knit, but I didn't want to commit myself to a large project like a sweater or whatever. Plus it's easier to explain when people ask "Oh wow! What are you knitting?" if you aren't knitting anything in particular. In a couple of days, I will be traveling to the mountains of NC to be in my cousin's wedding, and I figured I could add to my square collection while I'm in the car for 4 hours.

I've never knitted a quilt before, but I think it's kinda neat. I'd like to collect more patterns for different squares. Of course, they will all be different sizes, but that's okay. It gives it character! I think it would be a nice edition to a future home of mine. Now, I just have to find more colors to use. So far it's just blue, darker blue, grey, and brown. Any suggestions on how to make this blanket made of awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment